Happy National RD Day!
Today was National Registered Dietitians Day - a day to celebrate and honor the dietetic professionals working hard to elevate the importance of healthy living, food enjoyment and achieving one’s potential.
Many folks think of us nutritionists, but the fact is anyone can call themselves a nutritionist – a registered dietitian is someone who has an advanced degree in nutrition and/or food science, completed a dietetic internship and passed a rigorous exam. We’re also required to keep up with the latest nutrition information by completing a set number of continuing education units every five years.
I’m passionate about my line of work and love what I do. I’m also honored to be listed among my esteemed peers as bloggers who are working diligently this month and all year long to provide information about healthy eating, healthy living and achieving one’s greatest potential. Check out my fellow bloggers’ sites as well for some great nutrition info (thank you, Janet Helm, for putting this list together):
- Regan Jones, The Professional Palate: National Nutrition Month — Time for Show, Not Tell
- Maryann Tomovich Jacobsen, Raise Healthy Eaters: The Wizard of Oz Guide to Making Healthy Habits Stick
- Julie Upton, Katherine Brooking, Appetite for Health: Color Your Diet Healthy
- Tracy Owens, Triangle Nutrition Therapy: National Nutrition Month
- Karman Meyer, Nutrition Adventures: Color Your Plate
- Rebecca Subbiah, Chow & Chatter: Add Color to Your Plate!
- Sarah-Jane Bedwell, Nashville’s Nutrition Expert: Color Yourself Healthier
- Lyn Turton, Caledonia Nutrition: National Nutrition Month – Eat With Color
- Janet Helm, Nutrition Unplugged: It’s National Nutrition Month – Eat Right With Color
- Emma Stirling, The Scoop on Nutrition: Hop on the Hemp Wagon for National Nutrition Month
- Chere Bork, Taste Life: Five Ways to Eat the New USDA Science Guidelines
- Bonnie Tandy LeBlang, Bite of the Best: National Nutrition Month – Registered Dietitian Day
- Janel Ovrut, Eat Well With Janel: National Nutrition Month – Top Foods You’re Not Eating
- Jessie Claire, Good and Good For You: Nutrition is all About Food
- Rima Kleiner: Celebrating Food
- Rachel Begun, The Gluten Free RD: National Nutrition Month – Eat Right With Color!
- Liz Weiss, Janice Bissex, Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen: Celebrate National Nutrition Month by Eating a Rainbow
- Victoria Shanta Retelny, Living Well Communications: Celebrate March by Eating Right
- Elana Natker, A Sprinkle of Sage: What’s Your Nutrition Resolution?
- Carolyn O’Neil, Dish on Dieting: Baby You Can Drive My Car…To the Healthiest Menus
- Elizabeth Rahavi, IFIC’s Food Insight: Eat Right With a Colorful Plate
- Jill Castle, Just the Right Byte: What Will It Take to Get America’s Kids to Eat Right?
- Sheila Viswanathan, The Lazy Dietitian: Happy Registered Dietitian Day
- Brittany Glasset, Nutrition in a Nutshell: National Nutrition Month – Make a Rainbow on Your Plate
To help celebrate RD Day and National Nutrition Month, I’m offering 50% off an introductory meeting for all new nutrition counseling clients. Please contact me at email@example.com for details and to schedule an appointment. And please visit my website at www.enlightennutrition.com.